8 Must-Visit Ports of Call on Your San Diego to Mexico Cruise in 2023 !
Products mentioned/ listed are reviewed personally and or extensively researched for your benefit and link to the direct product referred for your satisfaction and as a code of conduct and to provide transparency, the contents of this page may or may not contain affiliate links. Read More
Information presented on this post is strictly for educational purposes only. Cruise Snitch reserves the right not to offer any advisory or brokerage services, and or recommend/ advise investors to trade or invest in particular stocks, securities or any other investments.
8 Must-Visit Ports of Call on Your San Diego to Mexico Cruise in 2023
In this guide, we've compiled a list of the 8 must-visit ports of call on your San Diego to Mexico cruise in 2023. From historic cities to tropical paradises, these ports of call offer something for everyone.
- Video - 8 Must-Visit Ports of Call on Your San Diego to Mexico Cruise in 2023
- What are the best shore excursions to take at each port of call?
- How can you stay safe and make the most of your time in each destination?
- What are some unique cultural experiences to seek out at each port of call?
Choose Your Topic:
Onpage Links ↓
Other Related Pages Links ↓
- Ensenada, Mexico: - The beautiful port city of Ensenada, Mexico is a must-visit port of call on your San Diego to Mexico cruise in 2023. Known as the “Cinderella of the Pacific,” Ensenada is the third-largest city in the Baja California state and offers everything from stunning scenery, wonderful beaches, and delicious Mexican cuisine.
- Mazatlan, Mexico: - With its old-world charm and stunning white-sand beaches, Mazatlan is one of the crown jewels of the Mexican west coast. From its rich cultural and historical offerings, to its incredible tourist sites and delicious local fare, a visit to Mazatlan is sure to be a highlight of your cruise.
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico: - This beautiful Mexican port city is a must-visit destination on your San Diego to Mexico cruise. With its stunning beaches, breathtaking landscapes, and vibrant nightlife, Puerto Vallarta is the perfect place for a restful and enjoyable vacation.
- Huatulco, Mexico: - With its stunning coastline and abundant wildlife, Huatulco is an ideal destination for nature lovers. Choose to explore the many national parks and sanctuary in the area which are home to an incredible number of diverse species, or relax beachside with a book and a refreshing beverage.
- La Paz, Mexico: - The charming city of La Paz is one of the most peaceful and picturesque ports of call on your San Diego to Mexico cruise. Spend a day wandering through its cobblestone streets, exploring its colonial architecture, and experiencing its vibrant culture.
- Santa Rosalia, Mexico: Stroll the charming and colorful cobblestone streets of this quaint fishing village.
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: - Highly popular among travelers, Cabo San Lucas offers unforgettable views, exciting nightlife activities and miles of breathtaking beaches. Visitors can enjoy some of the world's finest restaurants, top-notch shopping, luxurious spas and an array of beachside activities.
- Puerto Chiapas, Mexico: - Whether you're looking to experience the outdoors, explore the area's culture, or simply relax on the beach, Puerto Chiapas has something for everyone.
What are the best shore excursions to take at each port of call?
- Glass-Bottom Boat Tour: Get a close-up view of the diverse sea life that calls the Mexican coastline home with a glass-bottom boat tour.
- Snorkeling Expedition: Take your pick of some of the best snorkeling spots off of the Mexican coast and get up close with an array of aquatic creatures.
- Outdoor Adventure: Immerse yourself in the Mexican wilderness with a hike or bike ride in the Yucatan forest.
- Cooking Class: Learn how to cook up some of Mexico's most traditional dishes right on the beach and take home a special experience.
- Zip Line and Rappelling: Conquer your fear of heights and take flight on one of Mexico’s high-speed zip lines or rappel down a coastal cliff for a one-of-a-kind adventure.
- Golf Outing: Perfect your swing with a golf outing at some of the area's premier courses
- Segway Tours: Explore the streets of Mexico on the back of a Segway and discover hidden treasures that lie off the beaten path.
- Archaeological Site Tour: Step back in time and explore some of Mexico's ancient Mayan ruins with a guided tour.
How can you stay safe and make the most of your time in each destination?
- Research the local laws and customs: Wherever you travel to, it's important to familiarize yourself with the local laws and customs to stay safe and make the most of your experience.
- Avoid potentially risky situations: Pickpocketing and scams are common in tourist areas. Avoid situations that make you feel uncomfortable, such as walking at night in unfamiliar streets, and don't accept drinks from strangers.
- Learn some Spanish: Even if it's just greetings and a few phrases, knowing a few basics in the local language can help you communicate with locals and navigate the country's culture better.
- Stick to well-lit, populated areas: If you are exploring a port city on foot, try to stick to streets and areas where there are lots of people at night.
- Have your own transportation: Renting a car or hiring a local driver can be a great way to get around and explore the city's off-the-beaten-path attractions safely.
- Keep an eye on your belongings: Never leave your items unattended or in an unsecure place, as theft can easily happen in and around public areas.
- Bring a map: Have a map handy to navigate unfamiliar areas and to save time.
- Keep an ID on you: Whether it's your passport or driver's license, make sure to keep an accepted form of identification on you in case anything happens.
What are some unique cultural experiences to seek out at each port of call?
- Diving/Snorkelling in Cozumel: – Cozumel is a popular spot for underneath the sea activities! Check out coral formations, tropical fish and an array of marine life. Plus, you can explore ancient Maya ruins underwater!
- Exploring the caves of Mahahual: – Venture off the beaten path in Mahahual and explore the amazing caves full of history, natural wonders and even the odd play of light reflecting inside the chambers.
- Shopping Progreso: – It’s a bit of a tourist trap, but Progreso is great for grabbing items like silver jewelry and home decor. Make sure you bargain down prices and separate yourself from the other tourists.
- Sipping on Mayan Coffee in Isla Mujeres: – Isla Mujeres is known for its production of Mayan coffee, so make sure you try some of this special blend!
- Cruise the Nichupte Lagoon in Cancun: – Feel the coastal breeze and have the chance to witness some of the legendary wildlife from the giant sea turtles all the way to over 300 species of birds.
- Check Out Los Islotes in Acapulco: – There are some awesome activities to take part in here like Deep Sea Fishing or scuba diving around the mysterious Los Islotes Island.
- Visit the Forts in Mazatlan: – Here you can actually witness two ancient fortresses built to protect hundreds of years ago during the War of Independence.
- Tequila Tasting in Huatulco: – Get a taste of Mexico and try the best tequilas Huatulco has to offer.
|Our Personal Guide To try 2023!|
|cruises from san diego:||
|disney cruise from san diego:||
|cruise to ensenada:||
|mexico cruise ports:||
|cruises to mexico from san diego:||
|ensenada cruise port:||
|evening canal cruise amsterdam:||
|golf cart isla mujeres:||
|puerto vallarta cruise port:||
|mazatlan cruise port:||
|diving la paz:||
|snorkeling cabo san lucas:||
|zipline puerto vallarta:||
|cruises to baja mexico:||
|boat tour san diego:||
|scuba diving cabo san lucas:||
|dinner cruise san diego:||
|puerto vallarta cruise excursions:||
|mazatlan shore excursions:||
|tequila tasting puerto vallarta:||
This article was extensively researched and arranged to provide benefit to the intended viewer.
The contents of this page may or may not contain affiliate links, in which I may receive a small commission at no absolute cost to you.
These are products I fully recommend as the best options as of current, clicking a product and saving item to cart will allow you to lock in the best deal for that item.