Cruising Asia: Discovering the Best Ports of Call in 2023 !
Products mentioned/ listed are reviewed personally and or extensively researched for your benefit and link to the direct product referred for your satisfaction and as a code of conduct and to provide transparency, the contents of this page may or may not contain affiliate links. Read More
Information presented on this post is strictly for educational purposes only. Cruise Snitch reserves the right not to offer any advisory or brokerage services, and or recommend/ advise investors to trade or invest in particular stocks, securities or any other investments.
Cruising Asia: Discovering the Best Ports of Call in 2023
However, planning a cruise can be overwhelming, especially when trying to decide which ports of call to prioritize. In this guide, we'll explore the best ports of call in Asia to help you plan your dream cruise and make the most of your journey.
- Video - Cruising Asia: Discovering the Best Ports of Call in 2023
- What are the top cultural experiences to look out for in Asian ports of call?
- How can you make the most of shore excursions and sightseeing in Asian destinations?
- What should you know about local customs and etiquette when visiting ports of call in Asia?
Choose Your Topic:
Onpage Links ↓
Other Related Pages Links ↓
As one of the most in-demand destinations for cruise liners, Asia offers a wealth of ports of call that cater to all sorts of travelers.
From exciting cities and stunning natural landscapes to cultural delights and remote island escapes, there is something in Asia for everyone.
Here’s our list of the best ports of call in 2023 when cruising around Asia:
- Hong Kong: A striking metropolis packed with sites to see, energetic night markets, and delicious food to try.
- Bangkok: Ramble around the labyrinthine streets of this buzzing city, savoring its markets, galleries, and monuments.
- Halong Bay: Explore the emerald waters, towering karst peaks, and floating villages of this remarkable UNESCO World Heritage site in Vietnam.
- Siem Reap: Encounter Angkor Wat, the sprawling ancient temple complex that is one of Cambodia’s greatest archaeological masterpieces.
- Penang: An island with a little something for everyone, its rich mix of entrancing sights, culture, and cuisine are sure to captivate.
- Manila: Bustling, vibrant and full of life, the capital of the Philippines is a fantastic showcase of street art, street food and fun activities.
- Bali: This tropical Indonesian paradise is a must-see spot for beach lovers, with its world-famous sandy shores and vibrant nightlife.
- Singapore: A modern and multicultural island ripe with art galleries, tropical parks, shopping and dining venues.
- Kuala Lumpur: A stunning city dotted with stunning mosques and monuments atop dizzying skyscrapers.
- Okinawa: Soak up the scenery and culture of this gorgeous Japanese subtropical island.
No matter what type of traveler you are, there’s something in Asia that’s sure to captivate and dazzle you.
Make sure to include some of these fantastic ports of call when planning your Asia cruise vacation in 2023!
What are the top cultural experiences to look out for in Asian ports of call?
Exploring the culture of Asian ports of call is an excellent way to make the most out of your vacation.
From colorful festivals to absorbing traditional performances, there are endless experiences to dive into and enjoy.
Here are some of the top cultural experiences to look out for as you travel around Asia:
- Markets: Traditional street markets are incredibly popular in many Asian cities, and offer visitors the chance to admire and buy everything from snacks to handmade local crafts. Explore China's bustling Silk and Pearl Markets, Thailand's floating markets, or the vibrant night markets of Singapore.
- Street Food: Street food is a great way to sample local delicacies, and Asian cities are full of vendors selling an array of dishes for all palates. From Japanese ramen to steaming Chinese dumplings, you can sample a real range of unique flavours.
- Religious Sites: Asia is home to many sacred sites and ancient temples, from the Kiyomizu-dera Temple in Kyoto to Hanoi's Temple of Literature. These spiritual places are perfect for reflecting on ancient traditions and learning more about the local culture.
- Festivals: Asian cities host a range of vibrant festivals throughout the year. Japan's Gion Matsuri is a spectacular sight, and in The Philippines, Santacruzan is a widely recognized faith-based event. There are endless cultural celebrations to explore, so make sure to research any events happening during your port of call.
- Shows: Traditional Asian performances are an absolute must-see, from dramatic Chinese Peking opera to classic Indonesian wayang puppet shows. Ticket prices vary, but they are worth the cost for a unique cultural insight.
So whether you're sampling street food, exploring ancient temples, or enjoying a show, there are plenty of opportunities for cultural discovery when you're visiting Asian ports of call.
How can you make the most of shore excursions and sightseeing in Asian destinations?
If you're looking to explore the best of Asian destinations, taking a shore excursion is a great way to make the most of your time.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your shore excursions and sightseeing excursions in Asian destinations:
- Do your research ahead of time: Before your trip, it pays off to get familiar with the places you plan to visit. Take the time to research cultural and historical facts, as well as to find out if there are any special activities you may have the opportunity to do, such as visiting a local village or partaking in a cooking class with a local chef.
- Try the local food: Make sure to try the local cuisine. Foods in Asian destinations can vary drastically from region to region, so don’t miss this opportunity to explore different flavors and dishes.
- Visit an outdoor market: Outdoor markets in some Asian destinations offer a unique and sometimes chaotic experience. Take the time to shop around, sample local goods, and soak up the atmosphere as locals go about their daily lives.
- Talk to the locals: Ask your guide to help you find places where you can interact with locals and learn more about the culture and history of the area. Tour guides are usually the best source of knowledge on the most interesting things to do!
- Take time to relax: In between sightseeing, make sure to give yourself time to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the cultural atmosphere wherever you’re visiting. You’ll be amazed at how much more you can experience than just visiting the tourist spots.
By following these tips, you're sure to make the most of your shore excursions and sightseeing excursions in Asian destinations!
What should you know about local customs and etiquette when visiting ports of call in Asia?
When planning a trip to a port of call in Asia, it's important to understand the local customs and etiquette.
Depending on the country or region, there may be different rules and regulations.
Here are some basics to know:
- Respect is extremely important in Asia: while it’s ok to ask questions and make conversation, always be careful to remain polite and humble. Showing respect to elders and those in positions of authority is essential.
- Gift giving is common in Asia: so keep small items such as candy, flowers, or tea on hand! It’s also important to ensure the gift is appropriate for the receiver – for example, never give a red item to someone at a funeral, as it is a sign of bad luck.
- Be aware of body language: when engaging with locals - In many countries, it’s considered disrespectful to point your feet in someone’s direction or to make loud noises. Additionally, avoid using your left hand to pass or receive something, as it’s seen as unclean.
- It’s a good idea to: understand the clothing traditions in the country you’re visiting. Many places require modesty when it comes to dress. If entering a religious space or temple, you may need to put a scarf over your head or take off your shoes.
- Finally: always make sure to obey the laws of the country you’re visiting. Respect locals by understanding their culture and boundaries, have patience, and above all, enjoy your time in the ports of call in Asia!
This article was extensively researched and arranged to provide benefit to the intended viewer.
The contents of this page may or may not contain affiliate links, in which I may receive a small commission at no absolute cost to you.
These are products I fully recommend as the best options as of current, clicking a product and saving item to cart will allow you to lock in the best deal for that item.